NHEHS Sports Weekly Update 21st June 2019
NHEHS Athletes Hit New Heights at Regional Finals!
On June 17th, our Junior and Intermediate Athletics Teams went to the Regional B Finals of the Track & Field Cup in Crawley.
Huge congratulations to the Junior Team (Year 7 and 8) who put in a sterling performance to finish in 2nd place on the day with 323 points. In the 24 teams who compete in the first two regional heats they came 2nd overall! We are just waiting on the 3rd heats result.
Some individual outstanding results from both teams:
– Michelle came second overall in the 100 m (14 seconds flat) and jumped 4.00 m in the long jump.
– Bronwen ran 30 seconds flat in the 200 m.
– Maddie ran the 300 m in 47.9 seconds in her first ever time of doing it! Coming 1st overall!
– Rosie got a new personal best in the 800 m, running in 2 minutes 42 seconds.
– Both Nicola and Eadi ran superbly in the 1500 m getting 5 minutes 35 and 5 minutes 47 respectively.
– Natasha ran strongly in the 300m with 47.7 seconds.
– Sophie threw well in the shot with a distance of 8.53 m.
– Grace threw a new PB of 26.2 3m in the Javelin.
Cricket & Rounders
Also on the 17th, our U12A & U13A cricket teams lost at home to Godolphin & Latymer.
It was fantastic to see four U13 rounders teams taking on Latymer Upper in an enjoyable afternoon at the Brentham Club. Our A team drew in a high scoring 13 all match, our Bs narrowly lost 12.5-14, while the Cs & Ds won 16.5 – 12 & 18.5 – 16.5 respectively. Well done, everyone!